AT A GLANCE
• Dining Center
• 100 Assisted Living Apartments
• 36 Memory Support beds in 2 connected households
• 20,000sf Wellness Center
• 18,000sf Dining Center
Baptist Homes of Indiana owns and operates several senior housing facilities in Indiana. Hoosier Village, their flagship campus, lies on a 150 acre wooded campus in the northwest corner of Indianapolis and provides a full spectrum of care from independent living to long term care. BHI retained EGA to assist in repositioning and master planning in order to address several issues that the management staff saw as detrimental in the current market:
- The existing residential apartments are small and dated.
- The dining facilities inadequately addressed the current needs and desires of residents including a lack of variety in dining experiences.
- The campus lacked an assisted living dementia care program and the SNF dementia care is limited to a small wing in the healthcare building.
- Management wanted to create a state-of-the-art wellness center that can accommodate residents as well as provide a link to the outside community.
The $30 million repositioning project included multiple phases consisting of the construction of a new wellness center, a licensed residential care building, and a new dementia care building. The centerpiece of the repositioning is a new 250 seat dining center that includes a variety of dining experiences and meeting spaces.
Future phases include independent cottages, additional licensed residential care, and another 36 bed dementia care building.